For 150 years now, a stretch of railway just 18 kilometres long has formed the backbone of long-distance services between Austria, Liechtenstein and Switzerland. This important connection is being celebrated with a joint issue. Coming into service on 24 October 1872, this railway line remains something of a curiosity today. First, because the electric line is the only stretch of railway in the Principality of Liechtenstein; and secondly, because many long-distance services between Austria and Switzerland, for both goods and passengers, also use this line – despite it being single-track. The miniature sheet issued to mark the 150th anniversary is available as a Swiss variant with only the Helvetia stamp or, alternatively, with the stamps from all three countries and the face values for each stamp. They feature three locomotives from different eras used in each of the nations: a 1927 steam engine for Austria, an electric ÖBB traction unit from 2004 for Liechtenstein and SBB’s legendary Re 4/4 II built between 1964 and 1985.